WHAT MAKES TJ DIFFERENT?
• We inquire into who we are
• We design rites of passage that are relevant to the modern world we live in
• We co-create each step of the journey together
• Each participant is empowered to see himself as his own leader and at the same time sees the others as leaders of themselves.
• We team together with renowned local and international leaders, mentors and facilitators “who walk their talk” by nurturing the teen as a whole individual and by modeling their message
Some of the ways we do that:
• Sweat lodges
• Vision questing
• Fire walking
• Tribal drumming and dance
• Sculpture, poetry, music and art
• Mythology and storytelling
• Connection with Nature
• Feminine/Masculine awareness
• Meditation and Chi Gong
HOW DOES TEEN JOURNEY MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
Accepting their own unique essence…experiencing interconnectedness with all living beings inevitably leads a person inward to an understanding of their own soul’s purpose. With the realization of their unique gifts, each teen sees that they have much to contribute to their community and the world.
At Teen Journey we team with renowned local and international leaders, mentors and facilitators. These highly qualified, dynamic people are committed to their own and to the teens’ unfolding. Chosen precisely because they “walk their talk,” they provide direction and nurture each teen as a whole individual. Many mentors provide ongoing support throughout the year, making themselves available to the teens as a calm, safe confidante in times of change and confusion.
Everything at Teen Journey begins with intention. Taking risks and stepping into the unknown allows us to move beyond our fears and trust the next step into our power and creativity.
Teen Journey is also a global community that connects young people from around the world so that they can learn from each other through their differences, their commonalities and their dreams.
Teen Journey doesn’t stop there…The summer program is followed by twelve months of support with youth circles that expand and deepen their understanding of themselves. Special events allow them to be mentored by world class leaders in many different areas from arts to alternative sciences to mythology and indigenous wisdom.